FIAP DISTINCTIONS RULES
Call for Application for FIAP Distinctions Bangladeshi Citizen
- We invite all valid BPS members and BPS Corporate Club Members to apply for the AFIAP, EFIAP, EFIAP LEVELS Distinctions.
1.a) Your application must reach the Secretary General of BPS within 25th May every year.
through email : email@example.com
- THE AFIAP DISTINCTION
2.1. The candidate for this distinction must:
- a) Have taken part with success in different international salons under FIAP Patronage for at least 1 year; i.e. his first FIAP-recognised acceptance must have occurred at least 1 year ago.
(b) Have taken part with success in different international salons under FIAP Patronage in at least 15 different countries. In this respect a Circuit is to be considered as a single salon.
(c) Have obtained at least 90 acceptances with at least 30 different works in international salons under FIAP Patronage.
2.2. Candidates for AFIAP Distinction must submit:
- e) A complete application form prescribed by FIAP (which can be downloaded from FIAP’s
website or BPS website).
- f) 5 photographic works of the candidate in form of digital files to be submitted and must
have obtained 3 FIAP – recognized acceptances in different salons. In this respect, a Circuit is
considered to be a single salon.
When the AFIAP distinction is awarded, the candidate will receive a diploma and a badge with green enamel.
- THE EFIAP & EFIAP LEVELS DISTINCTIONS
3.1. The candidate for the distinctions EFIAP , EFIAP/b, EFIAP/s, EFIAP/g and EFIAP/p must:
- a) Be the holder of the previous distinction for at least one year, based on the date of the diploma.
- b) Have taken part with success in different international salons under FIAP Patronage in at least 30 different countries. In this respect a Circuit is considered to be a single salon.
- c) Have obtained at least 250 new acceptances with at least 100 different new works in international salons under FIAP Patronage
3.2. The candidate for the distinctions EFIAP:d1, EFIAP/d2, EFIAP/d3, EFIAP/d4 and EFIAP/d5 must :
- a) Be the holder of the EFIAP/p distinction for at least one year, based on the date of the diploma.
- b) Have taken part with success in different international salons under FIAP Patronage in at least 15 different countries. In this respect a Circuit is considered to be a single salon.
- c) Have obtained at least 90 new awards with at least 30 different new works in international salons under FIAP Patronage
3.3. Candidates for the distinctions EFIAP and EFIAP-levels must submit:
- a) A complete application form prescribed by FIAP (which can be downloaded from FIAP’s
website or BPS website).
- b) 5 photographic works of the candidate in form of a digital file. These works must be different and not resemble or be similar to those submitted for the previous distinctions . The submitted works must have obtained an award in different countries and a Circuit is considered to be a single salon.
Distinctions EFIAP-levels and MFIAP are cumulative. An author, who holds these two distinctions, can use the initials of both distinctions after his/her name.
When the EFIAP distinction is awarded, the candidate will receive a diploma and a badge with red enamel. For the EFIAP level the candidate will receive a diploma and a badge with red enamel combined with a distinctive addition for each level: bronze colour for EFIAP/b, silver colour for EFIAP/s, gold colour for EFIAP/g and black-platinum colour for EFIAP/p. For the EFIAP Diamond levels the addition is black with one, two, three, four or five Swarovski stones.
- THE MFIAP DISTINCTION
4.1. The candidate for this distinction must:
Be holder of the EFIAP distinction for at least 3 years , based on the date of the diploma.
4.2. The candidate for this distinction must submit:
- a) A completed application using the most recent forms prescribed by FIAP (which can be downloaded from FIAP’s website).
- b) A digital portfolio of 20 images sent by WeTransfer to FIAP. Each image must have the following properties: – format JPEG, compression 10, and at least 3600 pixels on the longest dimension.
- c) A complete curriculum vitae using forms prescribed by FIAP. The text should be written in one of the official FIAP languages
- d) An introductory text that describes the subject and the creative concept of the photographic artist. The text must be written in one of the official FIAP languages.
- e) This collection must be coherent from its conception to its realisation and presentation
If the portfolio of the author is accepted, it becomes the property of FIAP. The collection of works of holders of the MFIAP distinction can be used by FIAP for exhibitions or other events for the benefit of FIAP. The digital images of the accepted MFIAP candidate will be published on the FIAP Web Site. It must be possible to open this file with Adobe Photoshop software.
When the MFIAP distinction is awarded, the candidate will receive a diploma and a badge with yellow enamel.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
5.1. The FIAP Photographer’s Life Card
Any candidate for a photographic distinction of FIAP must be holder of a FIAP Photographer’s Card.
The requests for distinctions must mention in page “A” of the form for distinctions the number of the Photographer’s Card. A copy or scan of the recent card is added on the application.
5.2. The Personal Profile (FP)
Any candidate for a photographic distinction of FIAP must have their Personal Profile on our platform (MyFIAP.net). https://www.myfiap.net/user/register/fp
The requests for distinctions must mention in page “A” of the form for distinctions the number of the Personal Profile.
5.3. The amount of the acceptances/awards of one title (work) is limit to 5 acceptances/awards.
5.4. A image (title) can only be used for one distinction. For the next distinction the applicant must use new images.
5.5. The same work submitted to more than one salon under FIAP Patronage or to FIAP Biennials must always bear the same title.
5.6. Works “without title” will not be accepted by the Distinctions Service as counting towards applications for distinctions.
5.7. The acceptance of a series of prints or projected images is taken into account as 1 acceptance.
5.8. For the AFIAP and EFIAP distinctions, maximum 10% of the required acceptances in international salons under FIAP Patronage can be acquired by youth salons or FIAP Biennials; the other 90% of required acceptances in international salons under FIAP Patronage have to be gained in normal salons open to anyone.
5.9. Within reasonable limits national federations have the right to add national requirements for FIAP distinctions.
If the required number of acceptances is reached, the application for the distinction has to be forwarded to FIAP, without any supplementary judging of the works
5.10.. Application fee:
For every application for an AFIAP, EFIAP, EFIAP levels, MFIAP an application fee must be paid to the FIAP Treasurer. The amount is determined by the FIAP Board of Directors. The fee is to cover the cost of examining the application and, if the application is granted, the dispatch of the diploma, the badge and new FIAP Photographer’s Card.
Applications will only be processed after the FIAP Treasurer has received the application fee.
5.11. When a distinction application is rejected, the applicant must wait for at least one year before submitting a new application. If the application of a MFIAP candidate is rejected, the MFIAP applicant must wait for at least 3 years before submitting a new application. The candidate must send an updated dossier and, if necessary, other photographic works. In all cases of rejection, the applicant must again pay the application fee. A person may only make a maximum of 3 applications for MFIAP.
5.12. All photographic works presented by the candidate for AFIAP, EFIAP and EFIAP Levels Distinctions should be accompanied by a list giving the acceptances, medals and diplomas obtained in salons under FIAP Patronage (page C of the dossier). The national federations have to verify all the acceptances. Only acceptances/awards that appear in the FIAP Salon files are valid. The FIAP Distinctions Service can ask proof of the acceptances and awards, if necessary.
5.13. Whether or not the distinction is awarded, the digital files of the works become the property of FIAP. They will become part of the artistic patrimony of FIAP. FIAP reserves the right to use or reproduce in his favour without compensation to the author. By the way of example and without limitation, FIAP can put the works in collections, publications or
photographic events on condition that the name and surname of the author is mentioned.
5.14 The photographic works must be sent as digital files by “WeTransfer” with the following properties:- format JPEG, compression10, and at least 3600 pixels on the longest dimension.
5.15. Name of the files:
UN Code of the Federation (or ILFIAP number) + underscore + First name + underscore + Name + underscore + Title of the work + .jpg
5.16 By the sole act of submitting his/her application for a FIAP Distinction,
the candidate accepts without exception and with no objection that the FIAP decision is final and not subject to appeal.
- SOME DEFINITIONS
International salon under FIAP Patronage:
Any photographic salon organized in accordance with the rules laid down in the regulations “FIAP Patronage” and having been awarded the patronage by the FIAP Patronage Service (mention the Patronage number on the forms)
Black and white or colour works in the form of prints, projected images, or series of prints or projected images
Series of prints or projected images:
A series of prints or projected images to be viewed in a predetermined order and without any sound, or a series of prints or projected images about one subject forming a whole.
Any photographic work that has been selected by the jury of the salon for inclusion in the exhibition or projected image presentation or catalogue
Any special recognition given to a photographic work by the jury of the salon in the form of a prize, a medal, an honourable mention or a diploma.
See also “FIAP DISTINCTIONS – PRACTICAL INFORMATION”
This regulation comes into force on 1st January 2022.
- APPLICATION FEE
One must have a FIAP Photographic Card before one can apply for FIAP
Distinction. If you already have one then it will be replaced with the latest distinction on your card, without any fee for upgrading. For new Card, fee is BDT.6500/- inclusive of handling charges.
Fee for AFIAP / EFIAP / EFIAP Levels is BDT.6500/- inclusive of handling charges. All these charges are payable to BPS by Cheque in favour of: Bangladesh Photographic Society. Or Hand to hand by Cash.
Example: AFIAP with Photographer’s Card – BDT.13000/- inclusive of handling charges.
For EFIAP / EFIAP Levels – BDT.6500/-
For MFIAP 11000.
FEES must reach M Yousuf Tushar, Secretary General, Bangladesh Photographic Society within 25th May.
Send all the Form along with (a) number of images required as per the criteria Distinction FIAP, ONLY through email : firstname.lastname@example.org
M Yousuf Tushar,
Bangladesh Photographic Society
within 25th May.
DO NOT SEND ANY PRINTOUT / HARD COPY OR CD
PLEASE DO NOT SEND / ATTACH ANYTHING WHICH IS NOT ASKED FOR, AS THIS MAY LEAD TO REJECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION.